Author Topic: Private Or Not?  (Read 1738 times)

Alon

• Poster
    • Chikatayo!
Private Or Not?
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »
First off, I really haven't been following this story at all.  I'm not interested in the royals and what they are doing.  All I know is that somebody took pictures of Kate's boobs or something and they're being published in a magazine.

A few weeks ago, naked pics of Harry in Las Vegas were posted all over the Internet.

My view is that if they don't want naked pics to get out into the public, then don't put yourself in a position for that to happen.  Celebrity comes with a cost.  Loss of privacy. 

I wonder how Queen Elizabeth managed to avoid having naked pics taken of her?  Not that I would want to see any!   :laughing:

Kamandag

• Kamandag
Re: Private Or Not?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:56 AM »
I would say that with fame comes a huge responsibility.

I wouldn't even dream of being a royal blood 'coz I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Alon

• Poster
    • Chikatayo!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:30:10 AM »
Right!  I'm sure being a King or Queen is kinda cool, but your life isn't really your own.

I feel the same way about the super wealthy.  No way I'd want to be a billionaire.  Sure, having a bunch of money would be fun, but I wouldn't want to have to always be looking over my shoulder worrying that someone is out to get me.  And what about friends?  Are they really friends or is it all about the money? 

No thanks.   :no:

Kamandag

• Kamandag
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 03:11:37 AM »
Right!  I'm sure being a King or Queen is kinda cool, but your life isn't really your own.

I feel the same way about the super wealthy.  No way I'd want to be a billionaire.  Sure, having a bunch of money would be fun, but I wouldn't want to have to always be looking over my shoulder worrying that someone is out to get me.  And what about friends?  Are they really friends or is it all about the money? 

No thanks.   :no:

Yup!

Money isn't everything.....but don't forget that it could do a lot of things.

Enough is the magic word! Having enough money is kinda cool.....Financial Freedom!

Alon

• Poster
    • Chikatayo!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »
That's right!  The question is, how much brings you financial freedom?  Everyone is different.  For some people, $1 million a year wouldn't be enough.    :rolleyes:

If I could figure out my number and saved enough, I'd quit my job and just travel around all the time.   :yes:

Of course, that'll never happen.   :laughing:

Alon

• Poster
    • Chikatayo!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »
Six years later and it still hasn't happened.  :laughing:

Alon

• Poster
    • Chikatayo!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:10:37 AM »